Thursday 14 October 2010

Like to have climbed Uluru

by Martin Lutterjohann
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)


 


Top of the chain trail


Since I think I - a story about an illegal incline of Uluru via Ngaltawata 1976 - translated for a mountaineering stories anthology, I wanted the rocks to climb.As an enthusiastic and ambitious climbers, rock climbing to do a natural thing for me Uluru was released.


When I one of Uluru one day tours ex Alice Springs was posted, my first priority to select an agent that I was climbing option bietet.Aber warns you before that more than often the rise would be closed. Well, I had only that one day (05 May 2009) and this a chance.


I have a sincere respect for the culture of the Aboriginal people and traditions and had no problems the 'no' because ceremonies that prevents, that people accept climbing, but I expected that the weather might be favourable that day.So jumped when our bus Uluru Kata Tjuta/NP entered, and I saw that the rock was open (our guide of the excellent EMU run tours reluctantly recognized), my heart.


I was just concerned that our guides run the schedule would timing, so and so closely that the upgrade not possible or closed time may let's were based.In May days follows a day program shorter, but are the year-round schedule which is tun.Von of essential things the sunset Grill with sparkling wine, where our guides have the ambition, the first on the site.


This enabled you, 5 candidates in our group go to loose at the beginning of the climb with a mere 1 hour 45 minutes lassen.Ich hastened the concatenated and steepest part of the way and then followed the white markings on the Summit.I really clean rock with no single loose stone enjoyed the views exit, some pools of water, occasional vegetation, strange rock formations, the short friction rises above and below I enjoyed the waves of rock on the plateau, the views of Kata Tjuta, where we walk the Walpa Gorge 2 hours earlier did mount Connor and the vast land around the rock.


Wanted to do walk like me, a little from the base, I was back at under 90 minutes (as only prematurely closed the rise was) and was the basis until my dream saw I, Ngaltawata, start to close am grateful up.Ich for the traditional owners of Uluru and the country it, you allow us to climb as you did it has always been the mountains.


The chains are great, the brands are klar.Der first part is easy but physically tough, fitness and concentration are required, but it is a worthwhile Reise.Bei reach tend to one's thinking the Summit near top, but I knew that 2 / 3 be the climb ahead.


Coming down the track of the chain is comparatively comfortable but thats if accidents can happen easily! so take time and look at each step.


View the original article here

No comments: