Monday 18 October 2010

One man, four wheel drive and ten thousand kilometres of dusty dirt roads and tracks ...

by Birgit
(WA)

Hot - Life in the Australian Outback

Hot-life with the Australian Outback

Back to Dutch 2009 travel photographer Thijs Heslenfeld contacted me to know that the most recent book of photography is due soon.

Hot-life with the Australian outback, came hot of the press in November 2009 and immediately (Jan 2010) was voted best book Dutch photography of 2009.

Thijs was kind enough to send me a copy of it, and it arrived as a surprise. Wow!(Thanks again, Thijs!)

Now before you say about the book, I can tell you that they know and understand anything about art. I can't rhapsodize as lyric flow, as well as some other reviewers.

However, I can tell you that this is a book like no other.

"This book is a showcase everything that I met on the road I raised my people, wild animals, insects or beautiful sky. is not a romanticised image of what the outback very well could be.It is a picture of what actually is: a huge, unforgiving and beautiful part of the planet "
(Thijs Heslenfeld)
When I first book only had time to leaf through it once, taking only the pictures. even a quick glance left a great impact.
The next day I went through this again, this time read also all descriptions, stories, experiences shared Thijs.

I was impressed and surprised. loss for words into reality.
It was therefore very different from any book I had ever photo in my hands. Very uncompromising as country portraits. record the rigour. Makes not only to see it, this makes you feel, sometimes way.

It is a completely different version of the outback compared to what I am used to, or what you will find other books Australian photography.

Thjis took photographs as crossed Australia from South to North, from Adelaide Darwin, but not on the tourist. 'll pick you up on the opening track this earliest-outback-the hottest and most remote part of our continent.

And barren, arid South Australia ...
Thjis made a magnificent work, capturing capturing not only the beauty, but also the emerging threat of desertification,.

You may wonder why and how people live there, but they will encounter and well, Thijs pictures and words.

And since it is not possible to make a Justice of the book with me anyway, I suggest you visit the site and let Robert ' the images speak for themselves instead.

Vote for the most intransigent book about the Australian outback that I have seen so far.


View the original article here

No comments: