Tuesday 5 October 2010

A man, four wheel drive and ten thousand kilometres from dusty tracks and dirt roads...

by Birgit
(WA)

Hot - Life in the Australian Outback

Hot - life in the Australian outback

Travel back in 2009 Dutch photographer Thijs Heslenfeld contacted me, let me know that his latest photo book is due out soon.

Hot - life in the Australian outback hot of the press in November 2009 and was voted immediately (Jan 2010) best Dutch photobook 2009.

Thijs was kind enough to send me a copy of it and it became Überraschung.Wow!(Thank Thijs again!)

Now before I, tell you about the book, I have to say that I know nothing about art can verstehen.Ich not lyrical and how some other guests rave about.

But I can tell that this is a book like no other.

"This book is a showcase of everything I met on my way which is me - people, animals, insects or beautiful sky berührt.Es no idealized image of what have the outback been very well could.""It is an image of what it actually is: a vast, hostile and beautiful piece of planet"
(Thijs Heslenfeld)
When I first got the book I had just time to leaf through it once, only the pictures to absorbieren.Sogar fast look a great impact.
The next day I went through you again, this time to read, all descriptions, the stories, experiences, the Thijs shares.

I was actually impressed and surprised, lost to the same Zeit.Worte.
This was so completely different as each photo book I ever in my hands. ?Very motivated, as well as the country it held captures portraits hatte.Es hardness in high Definition.Es makes you not only see, it makes you feel it, sometimes disturbing way.

It is a completely different version of the outback, compared to what I'm used to, or what you going to find in other Australian books.

Thjis took his photos, as he brings Australia durchquert.Er from South to North, from Adelaide to Darwin, but not on the tourist route on the unsealed Outback tracks Spider Web of the hottest and most remote part of our continent.

And barren, arid South Australia...
Thjis did an amazing job, to capture not only the beauty, but also the desolation, threatening capture it.

You questions are perhaps, why and how the people there would live, but are you tun.Und you also meet in Thijs pictures and his words.

And because I anyway not, I suggest the book Justice my words, visit Thijs site and let the pictures speak for themselves instead.

I vote this the most uncompromising book about the Australian outback, I have seen so far.


View the original article here

No comments: