Sunday 17 October 2010

My country

by Mark Freier
(Murwillumbah, NSW, Aust)

I first designed to be the rock as a 20-year-old man.I some how he knew that it would always go there.That I go to the highest point of that will lie down in it and to feel the pulse of my mother, my country, my people was the most important spiritual moment of my life.

I Return now, 20 years later with my family so that they can have the same experience.

I ignore the arrogance and racism in the first argument that somehow have a better ability to love this land as a result of Aboriginality.

It is not possible to love this land and its people more than I do-just so much to every one who does, I embrace you as my brother. we are in the same group.

I am English, Irish, German, first heritage-pure Oz snapshot how evolution is in reality.
The rock and the freedom to walk the Earth in my entire trip is spritual me because I am Australian not because I am part first.

Return to top

Return to home page Inland Australia Travel Guide


View the original article here

No comments: